Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Chili's Grill & Bar

Chili's Grill & Bar, 70 Walkers Brook Drive, Reading MA
Cuisine: Tex Mex
Vegetarian Options: Non Vegetarian/Vegetarian Selective
Price: $10-$16
Food:
Service:
Ambiance:
Total Carrots:

I am always on the look out for a good salad. You might be surprised with this one, but I recently discovered something tasty at Chili’s called the Quesadilla Explosion salad that can be made vegetarian without the chicken. Generally, when I dine at Chili’s, with my carnivore friends, I order the vegetarian fajita, which is not on the menu, but can be made upon request. The Fajita at Chili’s is okay, but this past weekend I wanted something different and our waitress recommended the Quesadilla Explosion. Because I was hungry, I was a bit hesitant to order a salad and was not sure how filling it would be. Lo and behold, it was filling AND delicious.

The ingredients in the salad are corn relish, cilantro, mixed cheese, diced tomatoes and crispy tortilla chips, garnished with a drizzle of chipotle ranch dressing. Even though I am not a fan of ranch dressing ( does contain eggs) , a few drops of it adds a nice touch. It also comes with four small pieces of quesadillas and citrus balsamic vinaigrette on the side. To me it’s like you get to have your salad and eat your quesadilla too.

Most of Chili’s soups are non vegetarian, but they do offer a southwestern style soup(seasonal availability), with corn and black beans. Hopefully with the onset of summer, the soup will be offered soon. Chili's also offers a tasty Vegetarian Black Bean Burger. As always at any restaurant, double check with the waitress to see if the dishes are truly vegetarian.

Even though Chilli’s would definitely not be in my top 10 veggie-friendly restaurants to go to but in the off chance you do end up there it can be a fun, inexpensive and lively place with cheap drinks.

Chili's Grill & Bar in Boston

No comments: