Saturday, October 24, 2009

Myers & Chang

It was Saturday night and I was in the mood for something trendy and Asian. I had spent my Saturday lazing around, and was looking forward to dining somewhere fun and lively. I did some research and found some great reviews on Myers & Chang in the South End, it was just what I was in the mood for.

I loved the upbeat atmosphere of Myers & Chang. Its cozy and small,  but it has this retro diner feel to it. We were able to find a table near the window, and were seated without a wait. There was a separate vegetarian menu and the service was wonderful. Our waitress was patient with all of my standard vegetarian friendly questions and offered some great suggestions. 

The evening started with an Asian Mojito ($9) made with junmai ginjo sake, fresh mint syrup, and lime. It was a nice refreshing treat, one of the best Mojitos I have had in a long time.

For dinner, I ordered the red Kuri Squash soup (9), a thick creamy pureed soup.  I was a bit disappointed with dish, as it was very bland and it could have used a few spices. In addition to lacking flavor, for $9 I was surprised it was served in such a small bowl.

For my main entree, I had the rainbow tofu ($10) made with peppers dressed in a hot bean paste.  The vegetables tasted barbecued and the sauce had a tasty smokey flavor to it.

The dishes are smaller and pricier than most Asian restaurants and a point worth noting is the dishes are made to order so they come out as soon as they are ready. This took a bit of getting used to as my entree came out before my soup.

Overall I enjoyed my night out at Myers and Chang and definitely think it is worth another visit.



Myers & Chang on Urbanspoon

No comments: