Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sorellina

Sorellina
1 Huntington Ave
Boston Ma 02116
617-412-4600
Cuisine: Italian
Vegetarian Options: Vegetarian Selective
Price: $25-$50

Food:
Service:
Ambiance:
Total Carrots:

Sorellina, located on Huntington Ave in Boston, serves Italian-Mediterranean food in a trendy setting. I went to Sorellina for a work meeting and had a delightful experience. The décor of Sorellina is old Italy meets contemporary America - the restaurant screams sophistication. The mural at the back of the restaurant adds a sense of mystery to the dinning experience.

As an upscale restaurant, I was surprised to see a few good vegetarian options on the menu. The waitress worked with me to create a meal that was overall exquisite. For an appetizer I opted for the Mushroom brodo soup for $14, a mushroom broth based soup with spring vegetables that can be made vegetarian upon request without the prosciutto. The soup was okay as it had a tad too much oil, making it too greasy for my liking. It reminded me of a soup that you could buy packaged in a supermarket. The Insalata, for $15, was a mixed green salad with goat cheese and walnuts was pretty standard.

Now the pasta at Sorellina is where this restaurant separates itself from the rest. Instead of getting one pasta dish, I ordered two different half orders of pasta, each for $17. The fettuccine mixed with mushrooms, black truffle butter and parmesan cheese was simple yet fresh and tasty. The Ravioli stuffed with a smooth blend of mint and sweet pea, bathed in a light tangy cream sauce with almonds was outstanding. This dish is normally made with crab meat but it can be made vegetarian upon request. I was amazed with this dish; the stuffling of the ravioli reminded me of a mild sweet version of the Indian mint green chutney.

I had a great time at Sorellina and although the restaurant is expensive I would be back for a special occasion or nice night out on the town.

http://www.sorellinaboston.com/


Sorellina on Urbanspoon




No comments: