Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cafe Pamplona

Cafe Pamplona

It was Saturday night and my date and I went out to Cambridge for dinner. In our efforts to try to save some money we went to one of our inexpensive veggie-friendly favorites, Wagamama (previously reviewed) in Cambridge MA for dinner. After sharing a chocolate cake for dessert, we decided to go for a walk around the city. While strolling around Cambridge, we stumbled upon a cute outdoor cafe, with yellow umbrellas. My date asked me if I wanted to stop for a coffee and since it was a nice warm summer night in July I thought, why not?

The cafe is called Cafe Pamplona, it’s cozy, & quaint outdoor patio gives you the feel that you are dinning on a side street in Europe. The service is friendly and they are in no rush to see you leave. Cafe Pamplona is the perfect date spot but it is also a great place to come alone and read a book. They serve sandwiches, soups, desserts, teas, and a wide range of coffees. I warmed up with cappuccino & my date had the iced espresso. The cappuccino was good, the iced espresso is nice, but it was a bit bitter for my liking.

The only real con of this place is that they do not have a bathroom and I am not sure if I would come in the cold months. The inside of the cafe is quite small and the ceilings are low. But in the warm months this place is a gem.

The menu has a few different vegetarian options for lunch including, a Guava Cheese Sandwhich, Grilled Cheese, and Red & White Gazpacho soup. I look forward to coming back and trying their lunch menu.

Cafe Pamplona is located on 12 bow street in Cambridge MA and is open on Monday through Thursday, 11:00am till 12:00am and Friday through Saturday 11:00am till 12:00am and Sunday from 2am till 12am.

Cafe Pamplona on Urbanspoon

No comments: