Sunday, March 9, 2008

Martsa's on Elm

Martsa's on Elm, 233A Elm St, Somerville MA
Cuisine: Tibetan
Vegetarian Options: Vegetarian Friendly
Price: $10

Food:
Service:
Ambiance:
Total Carrots:

This is another Tibetan place right down the street from the House of Tibet in Davis Square. Both of these restaurants serve Tibetan food but each have their own distinct flavor. Martsa’s on Elm carries spicy and creamier dishes, both are equally good but depending on my mood I determine my preference. The prices are inexpensive, around $10 for a dish but unlike the House of Tibet the entrees do not come with lentil soup or salad but the dishes here are filled with flavor and unique spices. Some of the dishes here I find are similar to Indian food. My favorite dish here is a tofu and vegetable dish made in a mango sauce. It’s absolutely delicious and one of my friends who is a non-vegetarian actually prefers this dish to any of the non-vegetarian options. I also love the vegetable curry it’s a great choice if you are looking for something spicier. The only drawback to this place is that it is small and the tables are close together but the inexpensive, flavorful dishes make it a great choice for a vegetarian meal.


Martsa on Elm in Somerville

No comments: